Sunday, July 07, 2013

Fish soup noodles from The Ship

The Ship, fish soup noodles

First visit to this other outlet of The Ship at Nex (#01-61/62, Nex, 23 Serangoon Central, tel : +65 6834 3833) now that the main one is under renovation.

I've been hearing about their fish soup noodles that they serve at lunch. Apparently, it's available daily for lunch. And it's really quite good. The fish broth that was filled with rice noodles was deep, savory and backed with a light creamy texture. I'm not sure if it's just fish bones or milk, I suspect there's some of the latter, but I don't really care. Pop in a few slices of the chilli padi and a few shakes of pepper, it becomes darn enjoyable.

I was also pretty impressed by the servings of deep fried fish slices on the side which were dry and crisp all the way.

No comments: