Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Park Bench Deli, Telok Ayer Street

Park Bench Deli, Telok Ayer Street

I've been wanting to check out this fairly new sandwich shop since they opened but never got the time until recently. While the name is Park Bench Deli (179 Telok Ayer St, tel : +65 6815 4600), it isn't a deli per se. It's a sandwich shop. Period. The menu's quite focused, on board and you kinda get different stuff depending on whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner. If what I have been observing is correct, it does change. They're open weekdays only it seems.

Park Bench Deli, cheesesteak

Above is their cheesesteak. I enjoyed it. It may or may not be close to the original stuff, but that doesn't matter. It raises the bar here for cheesesteak subs or the other sad pretenders out there by being better than the rest. That's in terms of both quality and quantity. Bread was soft, sliced beef was tender and the taste of the sauce wasn't half bad at all. It was absolutely dripping with sauce. 

The peanut butter and jelly sandwich crusted with cereals didn't sit very well with me. The sandwich was a little hard. The peanut butter was dry and I couldn't taste any of that jelly. I could make plain pb&j without the trimmings at home and I'd enjoy it more. In fact, I could make pb and other things at home and enjoy it more. But there are other things on the board so I think I'll come back another time.

Park Bench Deli, peanut butter & jelly

No comments: