Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Back in Pizzeria Mozza

It's been more than three and a half years since the last visit to Pizzeria Mozza.


I don't remember if these fried pig's ears were available the last times. They were pretty good for snacking. Those ears tasted like they had been braised in something flavourful before deep frying and the cartilage weren't as crunchy as I thought.


There was lardo which I had wanted to get previously. Thinly sliced melt in your mouth fat which was so agreeable.


These are crostinis with butternut squash puree/mash, bacon and shredded cheese. Actually, I thought the best tasting component was the butternut squash. 


That's the pizza with Yukon Gold potato slices. I never understood why it was so expensive compared to the rest, considering the ingredients. I still don't understand why. Doesn't taste bad at all, just that the ingredients don't quite justify the cost.


And we have the pizza with fennel sausage. This was pretty good though. The meat wasn't as salty as I had thought. The scallions and onions really made it work.


Olive oil ice cream. I'm not sure if it was the temperature but I didn't think that this was very flavourful olive oil. Still enjoyable though.

No comments: