Friday, March 13, 2020

Prima Tower Revolving Restaurant, Keppel Road


Prima Tower Revolving Restaurant (201 Keppel Road, tel : +65 6272 8822) has been around. I remember the place from the time I was a kid. A whiff of nostalgia for people like me and also a lens that reaches a few decades back into the past of Chinese restaurants in this country. 

For the younger folks, it's probably just a relic from another era. Albeit one with a beating heart.


It's located in this old building. The top right is the revolving platform where the restaurant is located. There's a view to be had. Used to be fascinating when I was a kid because it rotates. Now it's just a view. 


We had chee cheong fun. These were the ones without stuffings. Sometimes, it's nice to just have them without.


Char siew bao were competent. Skin was light and fluffy around the sweet char siew fillings.


Their steamed ma lai ko/Malay cake/马来糕 was not bad too. There's sliced almonds in them. While it didn't have the almost ethereal quality of the ones at Imperial Treasure or was it One Dim Sum good, it was enough to me happy. 


Har gow was okay. Really okay.


Their siew mai has the tail of the prawns they used sticking out. Tasted old school and decently made.


I liked the stewed tripe. They were tender. The broth had a good flavour going on. I don't know where else to get something like this.


This was one of their signature dishes. Made with fish, egg white and dried scallops. It's one of those dishes I look forward to here. Not cheap though.


You could eat them on their own or with added pepper and vinegar. Both ways work for me.


There's Peking duck to be had there. It's decent. Not top duck if you catch my drift. With the sweet sauce and the wrap, it's all good. I didn't like that they charged extra if you asked for more cucumber.


There's a $5 surcharge for having the meat sliced up. I've always felt that this was the better way to have the meat instead of some stir fry they tend to recommend you to do.


These are deep fried egg white soufflé balls filled with red bean paste. Sprinkle sugar and eat. Another flavour of nostalgia that only old school Chinese restaurants make.

No comments: