Friday, July 14, 2017

Chicken rice from 40 Beo Crescent

40 Beo Crescent, chicken rice

I didn't get the name of this stall but it's located at the same coffee shop as Yang Zhou Fried Hokkien Mee. I guess these guys were okay in an old school kind of way. There wasn't much to write home about on the standard trinity in chicken rice. On the contrary, I found the flavour from the rice a little lacking. So that would actually be a good thing if you're thinking of dousing the plate with their chilli sauce. There wouldn't be any guilt from "wasting" any delicious flavours from the grains. 

The chicken was passable with nice portions. The added roasted pork was very edible stuff but again nothing that was outstanding. I suppose it falls into a hearty ordinary (I just made that up!) category which I wouldn't mind eating but wouldn't wait in line for or go out of the way to.

No comments: