Saturday, April 01, 2023

Jofa Grill, Bukit Merah Central

Jofa Grill, Bukit Merah Central

What piqued my curiosity about Jofa Grill (#01-3683, 165 Bukit Merah Central) was the mention of ex chefs from Burnt Ends and Joël Robuchon. So I was mostly intrigued by the possibility presented by their mashed potatoes.


I've never read what was exactly said about the mashed potatoes until now and it appeared to me that whomever wrote about them are finding excuses for them because the writers couldn't backtrack out of mentioning Joël Robuchon. I think you get my drift. One of the publications even mentioned 'is said to be buttery, smooth... '. Said writer could only speculate from hearsay and possibly never even tried it? 

Jofa Grill, chicken chop

Chicken's not bad. Slaw's not bad too. The mashed potatoes...I think I can do better with the powdered variety from Ikea and a generous pat of butter. Unless Joël Robuchon is vastly overrated. You think? This was not a bad plate of chicken chop by any stretch of the definition.

Jofa Grill, carbonara mee pok

For some reasons, they had run out of the ingredients for aglio olio so we ended up with the mee pok carbonara. I don't understand how a business that purports to sell western food/pasta runs out of garlic and olive oil in the middle of the week. So it's poor planning or they couldn't care less but what do I know. 

Anyways, I'd like to divert the attention back to the "prestigious" alumni of the people running the stall. I'd like to think they know carbonara. And I wasn't unreasonable as to be expecting an alla Romana from them.

Bacon was kinda bland. Pepper barely registered. This was more cream than cheese.

No comments: