Monday, April 10, 2023

Bismillah Biryani, Shenton Way

Bismillah Biryani, Shenton Way

I hadn't any idea where exactly this branch of Bismillah (76 Shenton Way, #01-03) was located so I got led on around about by Google Maps which seemed not to work very well in the vicinity (for whatever reasons). Located it eventually. Place looked quiet during the weekend. It had the same dead vibes I got from their flagship at Dunlop Street.  

Bismillah Biryani, chicken dum biryani

As preamble, I have a love hate relationship with Bismillah. I like the biryani. Not so much the entity. The people working there behave like they have 3/4 of their souls sucked out. Half the time, they never have what I want to order. I've settled for accepting that their online menu is a facade and that more than half of them do not exist anymore. We ended up with the chicken dum biryani today because....well, they didn't have something else I wanted. Again.

Bismillah Biryani, chicken dum biryani

Tasted not bad. Breast portions of the meat was pretty dry. I enjoyed it but it's also not exactly the kind of food I would travel out of the way for because it's not that great and I'm honestly tired of them responding with 'it's not available'. So I take it that they have only just a regular mutton or chicken biryani mostly.

Bismillah Biryani, lamb chapli kebab

Wanted to get a portion of their chicken liver masala and guess what? They don't have it. That was almost kinda how we ended up with their mutton chapli kebab. It's s spiced mutton patty, pretty dense and meaty. Delicious in a spicy and savoury manner. That being said, it also felt like it came out of a microwave.

No comments: