Saturday, October 12, 2024

Ming Fa Fishball (明發鱼圓), Tekka Food Centre

Ming Fa Fishball (明發鱼圓), Tekka Food Centre

I've noticed this stall (#01-304 Tekka Market & Food Centre, 665 Buffalo Road) in my visits to Tekka Market and have wondered. It was only today when I've finally gotten a bowl of their mushroom minced meat noodle when I realized that this was Ming Fa Fishball, as compared to Ming Fa at Thompson Road. Same same but different.

The bak chor mee was $4.50 here where prices at the Thompson shop ranges from $6.00-8.50 depending on the size of the bowl that is chosen.

Ming Fa Fishball (明發鱼圓), bak chor mee

Why the difference in pricing you might wonder? There were no fishballs (ironic innit?), no prawns and no pig's liver in this bowl. The one at Thompson has no fried dumpling (which I actually don't care for). This bowl was put together with decent quality ingredients but the texture of their mee pok wasn't what I preferred. Which is...intrinsically a sizeable piece of the holistic take on enjoying a bowl of bcm for me.

Ming Fa Fishball (明發鱼圓), Tekka Food Centre

No comments: