Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bishan 504 Boneless Chicken Rice


I had heard that this chicken rice store in the coffeeshop just across the field from Junction 8 wasn't too bad, but on hindsight, I thought that they were a bit pricey and the whole deal wasn't anything much to boot. For one, the rice was quite bland and lacking of grease and the garlicky taste. The chilli sauce was decently spicy (this was sadly the best item of it all) and was put into good use because of the rice. I've had quite a bit of roasted chickens and I must say that this one was definitely not something that I look for as well. Apart from lacking in the regular roasted fragrance, the skin felt limp and was it almost felt like eating brown steamed chicken. I was quite surprised that the serving of bean sprouts came cold instead of hot which prompts me to quite correctly assume that it has been blanched before and left for serving rather then cooked upon order. There was a rather generous smothering of pepper on the said bean sprouts, but the taste of the spice was lacking which brings to question what's being used.

Needless to say, I won't be returning.

No comments: