Sunday, September 05, 2010

Nantsuttei, Parco Marina


Finally visted this ramen-ya (9 Raffles Boulevard, #P3-06 Parco Marina Bay, Millenia Walk, tel : +65 6337 7166). I've been curious about them since the time I read about them opening up here. Thinking to beat the novelty crowd, I had decided not to be in such a hurry to visit them like I did for Ippudo but apparently the queues have not abated. Good thing that the turnover was pretty quick. I may just have found my favourite tonkotsu ramen shop!

Overlooking the other options, I went straight for the maru-toku negi chashu-men which was their basic ramen with additional portions for the negi and chashu. The rich creamy broth was lightly accented by the flavour of the black ma-yu which was to me a bit of a curiosity. It was a fragrance rather than a intense flavouring of garlic that had been fried multiple times. Their slightly stiff slices of chashu relented after being soaked in the broth for some moments having the fat softened. Resisting the temptation for more enhanced flavours, I gave the extra garlic options a pass this first time. Just so that I can experience their ramen straight up as they were done. Got a little enthusiastic over the order and forgot my usual topping of egg.

On the side, we gave their Fuufu Enman Gyoza (amusingly named Happy Couple gyoza by translation) a shot and it arrived slightly burnt. They were just small gyozas, albeit a little meatier than I was expecting.

Definitely coming back again.

1 comment:

ratatouille said...

do give shin sapporo ramen at suntec city a try. let me know what you think.