Thursday, April 28, 2011

De Burg, Ghim Moh

De Burg
I was initially a little excited after hearing about this place (Blk 10 Ghim Moh Road, #01-78, Stall #3) that me and a couple of colleagues headed down during lunch. I opted straight for the larger 200g patty option which sounded much more substantial than the smaller one at half its weight.

I couldn't say that I was impressed on the whole. While it did feature the texture of coarse hand chopped meat for the patty and the burger was sturdily piled up, the flavour lacked definition. The beefiness was subdued even by the discreet application of the BBQ sauce and mayo with bacon strips. I was also expecting a bit more of the char aroma from the medium done patty. The lack of cheese flavors in a bacon cheeseburger wasn't what I was expecting as well.

It's definitely one of the better ones around from coffeeshops, but didn't make the cut that I would crave for them and specially head back again.

2 comments:

MystiKaL said...

i've made this joint a regular stopover for my burger fixes. I was there last week and had the "Richmond".. the peanut butter was a surprisingly nice touch!

LiquidShaDow said...

Have you tried The Elvis from Fatboy's?