Sunday, April 24, 2011

Old Hong Kong Kitchen, Square 2

Old Hong Kong Kitchen, Square 2
After three visits, there are definitely things going on around here (10 Sinaran Drive, #02-80 Novena Square 2, tel : +65 6397 7023) that I liked. In spite of a poor show of staples like the ubiquitous char siew bao with skin that was a little hard and fillings that were, we managed to find some redemptive dishes that made us come back.

Like the competently done har gao and the XO sauce carrot cake that wasn't overly greasy and was well textured with the accompanied egg and crunchy bean sprouts. I definitely loved the bean curd skin wrap with chicken, fish maw, pig stomach and mushrooms along with their collagen filled shark cartilage soup with conpoy and fish maw wanton. The latter two of which have become my regular favourites.

The plate of colourful stuff was supposed to be sautéed scallops with goose liver sauce. What I didn't expect was that it consisted of mostly bell pepper fillers. It was a mistake that will not be repeated.

This place is probably a little pricier than Imperial Treasure which I feel does a very good job of dim sum, but not so much that I wouldn't consider them again when I feel like a little change. Maybe I could try dinner another time.







No comments: