Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Dinner at Old Hong Kong Kitchen

Feel like I'm on the fence about food here. On one hand, it was respectable cooking. I did enjoy the Peking duck even though it wasn't one of the more memorable I've had. Tofu was competently done and the ee fu noodles made from the leftover meat from the duck were more fragrant than I had expected. The garlicky broth from the poached vegetables was not bad tasting too.

LinkIn that same breath, the uninspiring durian paste prawns that lacked oomph in both flavour and aroma was disappointing. 
I don't see myself be looking forward to coming back for dinner. Maybe for dim sum.

Peking duck rolls

deep fried prawns with durian paste

braised tofu with wild mushrooms and scallops

poached spinach with 3 eggs

braised ee fu noodles with shredded duck

sesame seed crusted deep fried black sesame paste pancakes

No comments: