Friday, July 11, 2014

A wagyu hamburg steak with penne from Miàn (面)


I was craving some hamburg steak recently. By some chance when I ended up at Salut Kopitiam and saw that Miàn (Blk 119, Bukit Merah Lane 1) had some weekly special on the board which involved a wagyu patty and shallot fried penne, I basically changed my mind from trying their ramen burgers to that. The ramen burgers, will have to wait for another time.

I quite liked this. The meat was dense, tender and hefty for its size with flavours that were pretty beefy too. I didn't even mind the brown sauce that they were using as it didn't distract from the meat. The tangy dressing on their salad was quite nicely done too. All in all a plate of straight forward comfort food. I guess the only couple of things that I thought they could improve on was a proper seared crust on the exterior of the patty which would make the world of difference and getting the doneness at medium spot on.

No comments: