Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Boon Tong Kee Little Gourmet, River Valley Road

Boon Tong Kee Little Gourmet, River Valley Roadwhat's "ong kee little goup"?

Interesting name for a shop that's famed for chicken rice. I happened onto this shop while searching for some past midnight grub. The prices didn't look cheap. However I had thought that the quality ought to be quite good based on branding. We hoped. Having eaten at Boon Tong Kee at Bt Timah only once before, I wasn't sure of how this place would work out. The previous experience was quite good so I had little reason to expect otherwise. I guess even franchised brand outlets must possess a certain level of quality to thrive.

Boon Tong Kee Little Gourmet, River Valley Road
Boon Tong Kee Little Gourmet, chicken
Boon Tong Kee Little Gourmet, chicken riceIf I had compare, it was a tough fight between My Rice and BTK. Both stores were quite on par in terms of flavour. While neither matches Ming Kee in terms of price, the former two accounted for their worth with more tender chicken meat and what I thought to be a zestier chilli sauce. The poached vegetables in oyster sauce here had fresh crunchy texture and was topped with fried shallots and some meat floss.

Boon Tong Kee Little Gourmet, vegetables

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! i was looking out for this BTKchicken rice.. May i know how much is a 2person serving? cos I know Wee nam kee at novena charges $6..

Really hope to try this stall!

Looking forward to ur reply!

Thanks a million (^_^)

-Elaine

LiquidShaDow said...

Hi Elaine,

I'm sorry I can't help you with that. This entry was for a dinner for 3 with extra potions of rice and it was a treat from a friend, so I have no idea how much it cost.