Saturday, May 16, 2009

More from Wasabi Tei


Safe it is to say for me that Wasabi Tei is not the place for me to have sushi. A little can be said of their generous and thick, but formless sashimi slices and I would admit to having enjoyed the salmon quite a bit. Otherwise it's really not what I'm looking for. Might have been a bad fish day today, but I don't think it's a valid excuse. The nigiri was simply not satisfaying and for something that is considered to be a form of art, this was really far too abstract. Lol. Just like Picasso without the brush. And fingers. The mekajiki and maguro that was really sinewy today. There was also ankimo on the menu, something that normally gets my attention and this one was a little different from what I've had before. Tasted a lot like pâté. Really a lot like pâté than any fish liver. Hmmm.....stick to the cooked food I will.

1 comment:

Jess said...

i tried that liver starter once too and it didn't really wow me. *shrug* perhaps i had high expectations of that place (maybe raw liver? o.0) imo, the best cooked food wld be the teriyaki cod. well, the sashimi needs no more praises, a definite must have. (: