Sunday, July 08, 2012

Ten Restaurant, The Central


Here's a super deluxe tendon from Ten Restaurant (6 Eu Tong Sen Street, #01-68 The Central @ Clarke Quay, tel : +65 6221 2185). I'm going ahead to state the obvious that this joint specializes in tempura even though there is a display of some sushi certification at the front of the restaurant. Was that a point to be made about their sushi in the event no one likes their tempura?

While I wouldn't just write off the food here since it wasn't bad per se, I couldn't say that I was impressed by their tendon. I'm sure I've had better fried anago where the batter wasn't as dense and the meat wasn't as measly. Plus we were quite sure that there was a taste like shortening in the batter.

Funny thing is, the sashimi that the next table had ordered looked pretty good. Fat slices, firm looking meat from the fish, adept knife work, glistening and all.

No comments: