This looked like a bowl of street cart noodles from somewhere in Bangkok but it wasn't. It was one of those lunch options from MK Restaurant (#B1-12, Westgate, 3 Gateway Drive) which I was against visiting since I've tried the one in BKK and it was much more expensive to eat here. Was resigned to getting a lacklustre bowl of regular tom yum noodles when the first spoonful registered and it wasn't bad at all. The broth was tangy, a little sweet and didn't rack up much on heat. But it was light and delicious together with the thinly sliced pork, generous portions of minced pork and crushed peanuts.
By the way, this came with the little bamboo basket on the side which contains a steamed bao stuffed with taro and ginko nuts. The yam wasn't very fragrant but the fillings were creamy. The bun was still piping hot after I was done with the noodles. I can't say that I disliked it.
By the way, this came with the little bamboo basket on the side which contains a steamed bao stuffed with taro and ginko nuts. The yam wasn't very fragrant but the fillings were creamy. The bun was still piping hot after I was done with the noodles. I can't say that I disliked it.

No comments:
Post a Comment