Tuesday, November 21, 2017

A chicken nanban teishoku at Suju

Suju Japanese Restaurant, Mandarin Gallery

As the title goes, I had a tori nanban teishoku at Suju. I can't say that I do tori nanban much but since Japanese tartare sauce agrees with me and even their tori karaage was good, I thought it would be worth a try. This was also our first time sitting at the counter.

Suju Japanese Restaurant, suntory

So it all started with a wait while nursing a glass of Suntory.

Suju Japanese Restaurant, tori nanban

There seemed to be some sort of skin on the tori nanban. I'm not quite sure what it was through the sauce but I thought it might have been dipped in egg before frying. The meat was from the thigh - tender, a little fatty and dripping with juices. 

Their tartare sauce was a more refined rendition - all the ingredients were of a fine mince. That's not a good or bad thing. It's just their thing I suppose.

Suju Japanese Restaurant, gohan set

The tsukemono with their rice is no longer the cabbage/ginger. It's now crunchy pickled daikon. Yay!

Suju Japanese Restaurant, annin tofu

And because it was such an enjoyable lunch, I decided to end it with their annin tofu.

Suju Japanese Restaurant, Mandarin Gallery

No comments: