Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Kinmedai saikyo yaki and a grilled hamachi head from Nakajima Suisan

Nakajima Suisan, kinmedai saikyo yaki teishoku

So it's our favourite grilled fish teishoku spot again. I was intent on trying their kinmedai saikyo yaki since I've had the fish in shioyaki previously. Surprisingly I couldn't really detect much of a difference even though it was a miso based marinade. I still loved that fish and wished that it were a bigger portion.

Nakajima Suisan, hamachi head

These time round, there was also a half head of their hamachi on the grill. Only two portions served a day as they claimed so we snagged one of them. This was really good and I daresay that it was one of the better grilled fish heads I've had. The flesh which slid off the bones with ease was deliciously moist and appropriately salted for flavour.

Nakajima Suisan, kinmedai saikyo yaki

No comments: