Saturday, July 14, 2018

Zheng Nasi Lemak (正椰浆飯), Havelock Road Food Centre

Zheng Nasi Lemak (正椰浆飯), Havelock Road Food Centre

I remember having nasi lemak at this stall (#01-12 Havelock Road Cooked Food Centre, 22A/B Havelock Road) a few years ago. It's a local Chinese rendition which I recall not leaving much of an impression. I thought to give it another go since I was around and they were actually open for business. 

The plate was of passable quality if you discounted the fact that the rice wasn't particularly fragrant and had a texture that was dry and a little bit waxy. The good that came out of that was one could just simply inhale that with the sambal which was kinda nice - sweet but not annoyingly so and with just a little heat. The fried goods appear to be fresh out of the wok and not overdone.

Wouldn't take any extra trouble to return but I suppose I wouldn't mind eating it once in a while. And those limited opening hours for this stall isn't gonna be much of a loss.

No comments: