Saturday, February 09, 2019

Chargrilled chunky prawn sandwich and flourless orange cake from PS. Cafe


I wouldn't say that it was their prawn noodles that encouraged me to try this chargrilled prawn sandwich but the description sounded like it might be good. In retrospect, it wasn't bad. Some of the grill on the sourdough should have been transferred to that prawn patty inside. What I didn't like were the bits of coriander in the prawn patty. It was never mentioned that there was coriander.


We ordered the flourless orange cake because we were curious how a flourless one would taste like. I was secretly hoping that it would pack the citrusy zest similar to the lemon cake we had from the defunct Lollapalooza. It didn't. But this wasn't half bad. The brown sauce was bitter caramel and there were enough orange rinds on the cake that it tasted almost like a marmalade. I don't mind eating this again.

No comments: