Monday, January 18, 2021

Fu Ming Cooked Food (福明熟食), Redhill Food Centre

Fu Ming Cooked Food (福明熟食), radish cake

I've heard a bit about this Mickey Mouse flanked (#01-49, Redhill Food Centre, 85 Redhill Lane) Bib Gourmand chai tow kuey stall and decided to give them a try. During one of those days when I saw that there wasn't much of a queue of course. Apparently their radish cakes are made by themselves laboriously the day before instead depending on the factory produced variety. That alone differentiated them from most of the other radish/carrot cake stalls out there.

You know what? I thought it was pretty good. I liked how much char they imbued into the the fried radish cake, especially for the black one. The only thing that I didn't feel so comfortable with was how greasy it was. There was oil pooling at the bottom of the plate. I'm not against giving them another go the next time though.

Fu Ming Cooked Food (福明熟食), Redhill Food Centre

No comments: