Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Ham, cheese and strawberry pizza, Part 2


So this is another attempt at my strawberry pizza again. I must give myself a pat across the back for them being tastier this time round. Slowly but surely, I will perfect this. Lol. And the final incarnation will probably look very different from these that you are looking at now. So if you're wondering how it tastes like, go try it at home.

This time round, I bought a little basket of strawberries instead of the pre-sliced ones and possibly also because of the strawberries, it tasted better. I used romano cheese and mozzarella instead of parmesan and mozzarella. The results are actually quite similar as romano and parmesan are both sharp salty cheeses. The sliced strawberries are first placed onto the crust and then laid over with the shaven ham pieces. The romano bits are thrown into the crumpled ham to fill the spaces in between. The mozzarella is added after. This shields most of the strawberries from the direct heat of the convection oven and helps reduce char on the fruit while the mozzarella gets the nice browning.

The next time round, I'll probably be looking out for barebone crusts and have specific toppings instead of using these pre-topped frozen variety of pizza.

1 comment:

Nic (KHKL) said...

i always add deep fried bacon to my pizza cos i think its more aromatic compared to ham. and i think i'll add strawberries in my next attempt...a very creative yet workable idea! cool.