Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Uncle Sim Home Cooked Nonya Food, Whampoa Food Centre

Uncle Sim Home Cooked Nonya Food, Whampoa Food Centre
Uncle Sim Home Cooked Nonya Food, Whampoa Food CentreThis was one of the better mixed vegetable rice stall at Whampoa Food Centre (Whampoa Drive Blk 90, #01-63) it seems. At least their variety of dishes were appealing enough to catch my attention. For $3, I landed myself some fried chicken fillet, steamed egg with century eggs & salted duck eggs and a soft simmered cabbage with black fungus. There's a rich curry that you can request for to be ladled onto the rice. That was thick with coconut flavour and every bit as tasty as I imagined. I'm sure there're other goodies from their stall which I have yet to discover. Those will be for the next time I'm in the vicinity.

No comments: