Saturday, April 04, 2009

Oso, Bukit Pasoh

Oso Ristorante
In the event that anyone was wondering if this had become some sort of photo blog, it's not. With what little time I've had lately, I just thought that I could just put up the photos before I got down to writing, so there you go....I'm back. And this time for a place call Oso (46 Bukit Pasoh Road, tel: 6327 8378) which I thought I should have discovered much earlier.

Apart from some little splotches in service, dinner here was what I was hoping to be. A few people have been egging me to try on numerous occasions. Turned out to be one of those that left me with a satisfactory smirk and I'll probably be returning again in the not too far future.

Oso Ristorante, breadWe got a very creamy burrata in very generous portions for two to start with along with some accompaniments of cherry tomatoes and a mustard coloured tomato sabayon. The effect of the colour of that sabayon (which really tasted like a fresh tomato dip of sorts) pairing with the plaster white cheese reminded me of a giant poached egg. Certainly nothing at all to fault with the hearty braised wild boar stracci luxuriantly saddled in a blanket of that rich tasting sauce robust with the aroma of red wine. Something I'm fairly sure I'll be tempted to order again when I do return. Those gnocchi with gorgonzola and parsley sauce was surprising in ways that I didn't expect as the fresh green flavour of the herbs held up with the not so strong gorgonzola. It was salty without the pungence to match, but I supposed the parsley novelty made up for it since it was good enough for us to mop up all the remaining sauces second servings of bread.

Dessert of the double vanilla panna cotta in black pepper caramel sauce was interesting, but wasn't mind blowing as desserts went. It was a nice milky panna cotta and the pepper caramel was refreshing.

Oso Ristorante, burrataDaily made “burrata” cheese from Puglia filled with tomato sabayon “for 2

Oso Ristorante, stracci wild boarWhole wheat “stracci” with braised wild boar in red wine

Oso Ristorante, gnocchi gorgonzola parsleyPotato dumpling “gnocchi” in Gorgonzola and parsley sauce

Oso Ristorante, panna cottaDouble cream vanilla flan “panna cotta” in black pepper caramel sauce

No comments: