Saturday, April 18, 2009

Golden Rooster at Clementi

Golden Rooster, Clementi
Golden Rooster, ClementiWow, this is quite nice. Another place that has been around for ages and this was probably my first time eating here. I've been trying to make a trip down to this chicken stall (Blk 450 Clementi Central, #01-305, S120450) for quite a while after being told about them, but it never really happened until today and I'm pretty impressed. By both the the tenderness of the generously portioned barbequed chicken and the speed at which the stall dishes out orders. For $4.50 it was a good deal and I was told that it used to cost less for the same amount. They have a pretty good chilli sauce on the side that had some kick as well. For a few dollars more, one could also just get the whole chicken which was quite a lot of meat. Me thinks I'll be back again quite soon for more now that it's not so far away from the workplace.

5 comments:

red fir said...

Wow nice discovery. I like the chickens here too. Should try the BBQ chicken wings next time.

*Harris said...

Hmmm... Is this the one in between ntuc and the bookshop? If it is, then it explains the sauce used, I like it a lot!

The (barbecued) chicken is nice indeed, but my only grouse with this place is that they won't add fries for you, unlike most other Tenderfresh outlets.

LiquidShaDow said...

Yeap, that's the one. I'm actually pretty cool with the rice option since I kinda like their chilli. I was told that they used to cost less for the same amount of food.

ratatouille said...

used to visit this place quite often during the jc days. affordable for students and filling too.

Unknown said...

this stall's been here for the longest time. i remember when i was posted to gombak during night duty, some guy who has a scooter would ride all the way to clementi central to buy from this stall. because it was that freaking good.