Thursday, April 28, 2011

De Burg, Ghim Moh


I was initially a little excited after hearing about this place (Blk 10 Ghim Moh Road, #01-78, Stall #3) that me and a couple of colleagues headed down during lunch. Needless to say, I opted straight for the larger 200g patty option which sounded much more substantial than the smaller one at half its weight.

I couldn't truly say that I was impressed on the whole. While it did feature the texture of coarse hand chopped meat for the patty and the burger was sturdily piled up, the flavors lacked quite a bit of definition. For one, the beefy flavors were subdued even by the discreet application of the BBQ sauce and mayo with bacon strips. I was also expecting a bit more of the char aroma from the medium done patty. The lack of cheese flavors in a bacon cheeseburger wasn't what I was expecting as well.

It's definitely one of the better ones still if we're talking about similar offerings from coffeeshops, but didn't make the mark that I would crave for them and specially head back just to eat it again.

2 comments:

MystiKaL said...

i've made this joint a regular stopover for my burger fixes. I was there last week and had the "Richmond".. the peanut butter was a surprisingly nice touch!

LiquidShaDow said...

Have you tried The Elvis from Fatboy's?