Monday, February 24, 2020

Xin Cuisine, Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium

Xin Cuisine, Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium

I've been curious about Xin Cuisine (Level 4 Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium, 317 Outram Road, tel : +65 3138 2531) for a while. Finally came for dim sum.

Xin Cuisine, radish cake

Their pan fried radish cake was pretty greasy. Without rehashing what I've previously been saying about how Imperial Treasure has set the bar for us (haha!), these weren't even close. In fact, I thought it looked amateur-ish. Like how I would cut or fry them. Couldn't finish these.

Xin Cuisine, har gow

Skin was a little thick on those har gow. But otherwise, it was okay. I think there might have been some roe in the dumplings beside the prawns.

Xin Cuisine, char siew bao

Char siew bao was not bad - if it was something I had bought from a neighbourhood pau shop. Skin was a little dense and the stuffings were a little dry and blah blah. For restaurant prices, I wouldn't spend money on it.

Xin Cuisine, siew mai

Couldn't put a finger to the odd flavour in the siew mai. Something tasted off (as siew mai flavours went). What exactly it was eluded me. Left one untouched.

Xin Cuisine, bbq pork puffs

These were bbq pork puffs with macadamia nuts. The bbq pork fillings were the same as the ones from the char siew pau. Puff pastry wasn't buttery and not prettily browned. I admit to being partially drawn to ordering this because of the nuts and I couldn't taste any of the macadamia.


Their rice rolls were mediocre. No rice flavour in the rice sheets. Which I think is simply substandard for hotel restaurants.

Xin Cuisine, rice rolls

The menu described pork neck stuffings. Couldn't taste any pork. If no one had told me, I wouldn't have known there was meat. The greasy flavour from the fried spring rolls in the rice sheets were the predominant flavour just below the mushrooms and soy sauce.  

Not coming back.

No comments: