Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Gather, Raffles Hotel

Gather, Raffles Hotel

A new shop (#01-12 Raffles Hotel Arcade, 328 North Bridge Road) doing galettes and crepes has opened up at the spot where Ah Teng's Bakery used to be at Raffles Hotel. From what I gathered (pun intended), the proprietors aren't new to these kind of business. It showed with how they handled the crowd.

Gather, cider

Got a bottle of cider. Expensive but I did get drink at a shop in Raffles Hotel so there you have it. I'm not good at describing it but it's nice.

Gather, galette

Their galettes included this one with potatoes and salami. Not bad. I liked that they bothered to pan fry those salami for a bit before they used them as a topping. But otherwise, it tasted like how it looked.

Gather, galette

This was "Off The Bone". Ham, Gruyère, Cheddar and egg. How could I not like this? So simple yet it pushes almost all the tasty buttons on/in me. All on/in a light crisp galette.

Gather, hot chocolate

Hot chocolate is..... okay. I've had better. *cough*starbucks*cough*

Gather, crepe camembert

We tried a crepe. This one had Camembert, honey and some fig and Earl Grey preserve. The funky saltiness from the cheese obviously paired well with both the preserves and the honey so there - I liked this. 

All these galetting and crepe-ing has gotten me curious about Entre-Nous Creperie just around the corner. It's been quite a while since. I wonder how they fare in comparison with Gather these days.

Gather, Raffles Hotel

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These guys also own Punch on North Canal Road, and the now-defunct Ronin and The Plain!