Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Shake Shack, Neil Road

Shake Shack, Neil Road

Shake Shack like Five Guys are the burger joint darlings of this era. It's firstly because most people here hadn't had them and have heard loads about how good they were. Secondly, they're now here. The other reason I believe was that there was truth to the chatter that they were really better than the other options that we have had. 

I've never tried nor bothered with the queue that was previously at Jewel. This newly opened one (#01-01, 89 Neil Road) was more convenient.

Shake Shack, double shackburger shackcago dog
  
Double ShackBurger with the creamy cheesiness that I liked and the Shack-cago Dog which I'm trying for the first time. Not bad. I seem to recall not being impressed with their fries previously. In fact, the one I had at Woodbury was outright mediocre. Today's fries were.....nice. Yes, that is indeed the ShackMeister ale in the corner. 

Shake Shack, pandan shake

Being a sucker for exclusives, I had to try the pandan shake. Even if it's an "exclusive" from my own country.

Shake Shack, pandan shake

We tried. At least I know I tried. That's the best two of us could do. It's that sweet. It's that bad. More coconut than pandan. Waste of money. Hong Kong's nai cha shake trumps this shit.

Shake Shack, Neil Road

No comments: