Sunday, May 11, 2014

Dim sum set lunch from Red House Seafood Restaurant






This was actually a pretty good deal for lunch. I hadn't even heard of Red House Seafood (68 Prinsep Street, tel : +65 6336 6080) until the recent couple of years.  The good quality of the seafood certainly spoke for itself even though that spicy seafood plate. Their dim sum was also better than I had anticipated. Notably the well done were the light chewy skins of the crystal dumplings with the delicious mixed mushroom fillings and the spinach with scallops that were stuffed in the green dumpling. Even the humble siew mai was light, spot on with the flavours and tasty. Unexpectedly as well, I certainly didn't see myself spooning up mouthfuls of the starchy gravy from their oyster hor fun

Speaking of which, it's a real broth that's been thickened with corn starch in that hor fun gravy. Not the junk that one regularly finds elsewhere. The durian mochi was edible. I think I wouldn't mind at all coming back for a go at their dim sum.

No comments: