Monday, February 01, 2016

Cod fish soup noodle from Amara Hotel

Amara Hotel, Cafe Oriental cod fish soup noodle

To be precise, this was at Cafe Oriental at Amara Hotel (1F, Amara Hotel, 165 Tanjong Pagar Road). One of numerous symbolic Asian retro-ish type of restaurant that one can find in local hotels to represent local cuisine - often at the upper crust. A friend had recommended me some time back to try their cod fish soup bee hoon. The broth was really lightweight - perhaps even a little bland for some. I had been expecting a lot more flavour coming from a hotel's kitchen but I supposed it was nothing a splash of soy sauce and a few slices of chilli padi cannot fix. I was also hoping that they'd add evaporated milk even but there wasn't any of that. The thick chunks of fried cod were pretty good and the vegetables were of good quality. Still it was kinda expensive at $20 for food that I could only hanker for when I'm ill.

No comments: