Saturday, November 23, 2019

A dry kuey teow bowl with tendon and tripe from Empress Place Teochew Beef Kway Teow

Empress Place Teochew Beef Kway Teow, tendon tripe dry kuey teow

I noticed that the stall now has stir fried beef kuey teow and beef fried rice on top of the regular kuey teow options they normally do. While I'm quite willing to admit that this is currently one of my favourite non-Hainanese dry beef kuey teow stall on the island, I realized that it's a little difficult for me to give those other items a chance since I don't come here often enough to even get past their kuey teow bowls.

Anyways, here's a tendon and tripe bowl. I seem to remember that their large bowls were going for $7 the last time and today, it's $6. Still yummy with fragrance from sesame oil, light tangy bits from the kiam chye and moderated heat from the chilli. One can always get more to of the chilli sauce to ramp up the heat but I'm happy with their default portions for now.

No comments: