Monday, May 20, 2019

Empress Place Teochew Beef Kway Teow, Maxwell Food Centre

Empress Place Teochew Beef Kway Teow, mixed beef kuey teow

I've eaten from Empress Place Beef Kway Teow at Toa Payoh a few years ago before they disappeared. This stall (#01-43 Maxwell Food Centre, 1 Kadayanallur Street) looked like it might have been the same one though I cannot be sure. 

I got myself their dry bowl of mixed beef kuey teow. Beef ball, lean meat, brisket, tendon and some tripe. Kuey teow was flavoured with their broth and some sesame oil. No gloopy gravy like those Hainanese styled beef noodles. Awesome with the chilli and this came with a nice bowl of soup that was savoury with a hint of herbal sweetness. I'll be back.

Empress Place Teochew Beef Kway Teow, Maxwell Food Centre

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I’m sure it’s the same one you had in Toa Payoh a few years ago.

Unknown said...

Yes..exactly the same and thank you