Friday, August 05, 2022

Nanu, Chinatown Food Centre

Nanu, Chinatown Food Centre

I thought it was somewhat unusual for a fish soup stall (#02-122 Chinatown Complex Market and Food Centre, 335 Smith Street) to also sell curry chicken and laksa. Nanu looked like one of those under the radar eatery. Maybe it's because their broth didn't particularly pack that fishy (in a good way) flavour and hence the essence of their bowl wasn't something many people might be searching for.

Wasn't bad though. This was the 双鱼 bowl with the toasted crispy noodle (生面), After the ikan bilis, sang meen and fried egg had been soaked in, the flavour from the broth developed. To add further zing, there's light soya sauce/sliced chilli. Decent quality fish slices and I liked the cube of tofu in there. While I'm thinking that I wouldn't mind if I had to eat here again, there's simply too much other greater distractions in Chinatown Food Centre.

Nanu, Chinatown Food Centre

No comments: