Friday, March 15, 2024

Chicken briyani and Kashmiri naan from Brinda's

Brinda's, chicken briyani

A couple of things came to mind when I saw this. It did occur to me that the briyani might be all packed in plastic takeout boxes, microwaved and upturned onto the serving trays on order. Alternatively, those plastic takeout boxes might have been just used for measurement of portions and nothing is pre-packed. I don't know which but here's the chicken briyani from Brinda's. Looks huge.

Brinda's, chicken briyani

It's looked less intimidating when the rice was scraped aside revealing the pretty tender chicken thigh and a hard boiled egg inside. The warm flavouring infused by the spices along with the masala on the chicken was altogether rich and delicious. Both the curry on the raita on the side added to the rice differently.

Brinda's, kashmiri naan

Here's their Kashmiri naan - personally I thought it wasn't so much a naan than a dry prata with raisins and Maraschino cherry. That's what it tasted like. Texture's a little dense. Did not taste bad though but I doubt I'll be getting them again. Today's dal came with cabbage and was pretty good.

No comments: