Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Ramen Nagi, ION Orchard

Ramen Nagi, ION Orchard

I haven't had anything from Ramen Nagi for some years. The last time was back at their defunct branch at Suntec and I remember being disappointed. This was my first time at their ION (#B4-54 ION Orchard, 2 Orchard Turn, tel : +65 8163 2185) shop.

Ramen Nagi, ebi king

The current king (at least the reigning one at the time I wrote this) is their ebi king. A prawn oil/sauce/stock infused tonkotsu bowl with prawns.😅 If you're looking for a crustacean infusion in pork bone broth, this was it and I thought it was well done with a good balance between both flavours. Just don't expect hae mee soup. Don't think it was meant to be that. What I noticed though was that the crustacean flavour got more pronounced as the broth cooled so it tasted more robust at the end. I got reminded of hae bi.

Ramen Nagi, ION Orchard

No comments: