Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Muthu's Curry, Suntec City Mall Basement

Muthu's Curry, Suntec City Mall Basement
From Race Course Road, Muthu's Curry has expanded into prime grounds at the basement at Suntec City. I hadn't expect the variety in the menu since everyone only talks about their curry fish head which led to my assumption that it was mostly what they served. Apparently, their menu is fairly comprehensive.

Muthu's Curry, fishhead curry
This was the smallest order of the Curry Fish Head. $20. It served about 3. Almost. The gravy was less viscous and was also not as robust tasting as I was expecting. That was not to say that it was not good, but it was thin enough that I could actually drink it like soup. Which I did for most of the part after the dippers (the tandoori prata and cheese naan) ran out.

Muthu's Curry, tandoori prataTaandori prata

Muthu's Curry, cheese naanCheese naan

I hadn't a clue what a tandoori prata could be until today. Essentially, it's a roti prata that looked like it was baked rather than pan fried. Tasted like it contained less oil with a texture that was something between a regular roti prata and chapati. I much preferred the cheese naan but that's coming from someone who digs cheese in general. And of course, the palak paneer didn't escape my notice...

Muthu's Curry, palak paneer
Their's was fine and smooth compared some other places. I noticed that they fried their cottage cheese cubes and that gave them more fragrance. If I might say so, this was one of the more buttery tasting spinach puree I've had.

No comments: