Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Muthu's Curry, Suntec City Mall Basement


From Race Course Road, Muthu's Curry has expanded into the prime estate of the basement at Suntec City. I hadn't expect the variety in the menu since everyone talks about their curry fish head and I had the assumption that it was mostly what they sold. Apparently, their menu is fairly comprehensive of the standard fare one can expect from Indian restaurants.


This is the smallest order of the Curry Fish Head costs $20. It serves about 3. Almost. The gravy is less viscous and is also not as robust as I was expecting. That was not to say that it was not good, but it's contains enough liquid that I could actually drink it like soup. Which I did for most of the part after the dippers (the tandoori prata and cheese naan) ran out.

Taandori prata

Cheese naan

I actually haven't a clue what a tandoori prata could be until today. Essentially, it's a roti prata that looks like it was baked rather than fried. And it also taste like it contains less oil and the texture felt like it was something between a regular roti prata and chapati. I much preferred the cheese naan, but that's coming from someone who digs cheese in general. And of course, the palek paneer didn't escape my notice...


The spinach gravy was very fine and smooth compared some other places. A noted difference was that the fried cottage cheese cubes that exude noticeably more fragrance which got into the gravy. And this was one of the more buttery tasting spinach puree. This scores for me.

No comments: