Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Marutama Ramen, Liang Court


I've only eaten Marutama Ramen a couple of times in the past at their shop in Clark Quay Central. I recall being quite impressed the first time I've had it. I thought it might be a good thing to re-visit, this time at Liang Court (#02-01/02 Liang Court, 177 River Valley Rd). Was just thinking to myself what could go wrong with the one in Liang Court right?

The noodles were much softer today. While it wasn't soggy, it didn't have the bite that I remember. Not to mention my preferred harigane. I'm guessing it has been tuned to local preferences. The broth was also much less robust than I recalled. The taste was not much like how I remembered it. While it wasn't bad per se, the bowl didn't quite pack the punch from those first couple of times. The only thing that was still impressive was their shoyu infused ajitama. Did they change or have I? Menya Takeichi blows this out of the water now.

No comments: