Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Keisuke Kani King, Cineleisure Orchard

Keisuke Kani King, Cineleisure Orchard

So I finally got down to Keisuke's Kani King ramen shop (#01-03 Cathay Cineleisure Orchard, 8 Grange Road, tel : +65 6262 6968) in town and gotten myself a bowl of their crab broth ramen with rich soup. Medium flavours and oil with hard noodles. From what they had mentioned, their kani broth is made from swimming crabs and chicken bones. I wonder what are actually those swimming crabs that were used. With all that flavour and sediments, this broth was some butter, a splash of milk and a dash of brandy away from being an actual crab bisque. I thought the crustacean-y flavour were pronounced and quite enjoyable.

For what it's worth, I didn't think so much of the similar kani ramen bowl I had previously down at Keisuke Tokyo which could have been the predecessor to this current rendition. That might just have been the version 1.0 of things just like how their ise ebi ramen could have been a market test for the viability of the Lobster King.

No comments: