Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Another monster burger...


It had a real bacon in it, armoured in cheese.


The first few blows of the fray already drew blood....plenty of it.


12 ounces of solid dense beefy patty took time to whittle down...


I was almost drained in mid battle...


The Texas burger from Seah Street Deli. Sans the smoked hickory bbq sauce. Why? Because I generally don't like bbq sauce. That's why.

All the time, I couldn't think of another word but compact & dense to describe it. The feeling was like eating a solid piece of steak between the bread. And no, I didn't finish the fries. I slaughtered myself a grand victory of two fries and that's it. Probably due to the nachos and peanut shake I had while waiting. Talking about shakes, Seah Street Deli has pretty pricey ones. I don't know why they think a couple of scoops of ice cream and milk is worth $10, but it sure as hell ain't special in any sense. For a dollar top up, you get the extra thick option which isn't even as good as those at Billy Bombers. Lacks viscosity for something that is described as extra thick. For a $11 shake, I honestly expected better. Shame on them. But now I don't have to imagine what a peanut shake taste like.