Saturday, November 11, 2006

Seah Street Deli, Raffles Hotel


Lunch with Junie today at this NY styled deli-cafe located at the perimeter of Raffles Hotel.


What we ordered today were really beefy.


Tornado in a bowl

That's what this salad was called. Tornado in a Bowl. And it came with the option of blue cheese dressing which I liked. Above the bed of lettuce, were generous slices of roast beef, mussels, prawns, avocado and bacon. This was the second time I'm having this and I recall that there was more roast beef from the previous time. I mean, "jaw aching from all that chewing" amount of roast beef. It's a salad that's good enough to be a meat dish.

Beef pot roast

Seah Street Deli serves a rather delicious pot roast of beef. This stuff actually taste better than it looked and because it's thin sliced, the well done meat was tender and juicy with their tasty brown sauce. The pot roast came with a small portion of mashed potatoes which were pretty decent. This is something that I could return for.

Ribeye steak

The steak at this place is passable. It also tasted better than it looks. I was actually having some doubts about the quality after having seen the first cut which reminded me vividly of E.Blackboard. In spite of appearances, it was honestly not too bad. Strange but true. The steak came with a side of a dry baked potato that's topped with sour cream that also felt a little too dry. The boiled broccoli and cauliflower were just that, but topped with fragrant toasted almond slices.

Pumpkin tart

The pumpkin tart was a disappointment. I ordered this because I remember seeing it on the menu the last time I visited. The disappointment was probably of my own making for perhaps I've been imagining too much butternut. I'm not quite sure how I got that idea in my head. This pastry was compact and the fillings did hae pumpkin flavour, however it wasn't really how I imagined it to be. The topping of cream was unexpectedly dry.

No comments: