Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Do you really want to hear me say Menotti again?

As chance would have it, I ended up here again. I didn't come here for their desserts as an original intent. Just an after dinner sit around and chit chat with old friends. Was actually thinking of just coffee. Browsing the dessert section of the menu, I came across something I haven't had before. Olive oil gelato. I just had to try.


It did look very ordinary. Could have easily been coconut, lemon or just milk. The first taste of the gelato reminded me of toffee. That quickly dissipated as it melted and the flavour morphed to that of olive oil leaving behind an almost subtle delicate bitter aftertaste. A rather interesting combination.


That's the San Pellegrino Blood Orange Soda. Never had blood oranges before but if the taste of the drink was any indication, there was a slight hint of grapefruit or pomelo at the start and ended up a more tangy and zesty orange.

No comments: