Monday, August 06, 2012

&MADE by Bruno Ménard

 
I'll skip the interesting stories about how Bruno Ménard used to run a 3 Michelin starred French restaurant in Tokyo and fate has relegated him onto our sunny shores to run a burger/sandwich joint (9 Scotts Road, #01-04/05/06 Pacific Plaza, tel : +65 6238 5549) these days. That's what Google is for.


I prefer talk about the food. Do I like it?  Yes, it was pretty tasty.  The dry aged beef burger with Comte cheese and sautéed onions was impressively one of the better, juicier and beefier pink medium rare doneness burger that I've had in a while. In a light, soft and airy bun. It's one of those things that you sink your teeth into and then quietly exclaim to yourself, "wow!". Those toastoo things which were buckwheat crepes were nicely made as well. I had the one stuffed with smoked salmon, cheese and spinach. The food was all freshly prepared and arrived hot. And juicy.


What didn't work for me were the dainty portions. Too damned small for a hungry person was my first impression and I could easily do three of those toastoos for breakfast. That though, would make it a rather expensive breakfast. Ditto for the burger which probably had one of the smallest non slider patty I've come across. 


Service was prettyy good and the food was great. I'd like to give it another shot someday. Maybe.

2 comments:

red fir said...

Awesome awesome. Did you come up with that fried egg addition?

LiquidShaDow said...

The egg was part of the order, not an addition. This came from the breakfast menu.