Thursday, April 07, 2022

Re-visiting Binomio

Binomio, Craig Road

I made reservations at Binomio because their menu indicated that they had baby eels which I was curious about. But they were out of it when we were here so.....bummer.

Binomio, fried squid anchovies

We had fried squid and anchovies. Not bad.

Binomio, lamb t-bone lamb sweetbread goat cheese

Lamb t-bone with lamb sweetbread and goat's cheese. This was so good - which doesn't even begin to express how much I liked this dish. We had this the last time we were here more than two years ago.

Binomio, seaweed anemone paella

The other dish I wanted to try was their seaweed paella with sea anemone. Yes, sea anemone. That's the fried bits of stuff on top of the rice with the sprigs of ice plant. I'm actually at a loss on how to describe them. The sea anemone had a texture almost like oyster or mussels. The flavour reminded me of seaweed and also oysters. I liked it. And that robust seaweed flavour in the rice. For the first time ever, I was scraping and looking forward to the socarrat off the bottom of the pan.

Binomio, duck liver fig paella

Because they allowed half portions of paella from their regular serving, we made our second half the one with duck liver (it's foie gras!) and figs. So these two paellas were technically single serving portions which were heavier than we imagined. The rice for this one had a flavour like some kind of red meat stock. Don't know if it's duck of beef but it's not bad. 

Binomio, Craig Road

No comments: