Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Ikkousha's God Fire Level 4

Hakata Ikkousha Ramen, Tanjong Pagar

My way of the hot and spicy meanders into Hakata Ikkousha Ramen. I haven't thought much of their tonkotsu bowls since their days at Ramen Champion. There are better players these days in my opinion. But I've had their God Fire bowl years back. Since I've this spicy thing going on lately, I thought I'd revisit that bowl. Sweating in the warm haze already?

Hakata Ikkousha Ramen, god fire ramen

I didn't remember the bowl having different levels of spiciness in the past but there apparently is - 4 levels of them. This was the Level 4 bowl with extra hard noodles, extra charshu and ajitama. Savoury and pretty spicy but manageably so by my standards. I had thought that this would do me in but I guess the heat wasn't as intimidating. I may have found a reason to come back to Ikkousha after all.

Hakata Ikkousha Ramen, the end of god fire

No comments: