Thursday, April 25, 2019

Ikkousha, Tanjong Pagar Plaza

Ikkousha, bonito tonkotsu ramen

Once upon a time, I thought highly of Ikkousha (#01-104B, 7 Tanjong Pagar Plaza, tel : +65 6538 1880back in the day when they were new and competing (successfully!) at Ramen Champion. There was a smoky quality I found appealing in the broth. Sadly, their tonkotsu broth doesn't seem to taste like how it once did. 

The flavour from their bonito bowl was subtle. I supposed it might have done with the intent not to mask the tonkotsu base. Even with bonito, it didn't seem to rival that smoky quality their regular bowl used to have. It's not bad bowl of ramen per se. The character that defined it for me has just been lost.

Ikkousha, gyoza

I recall that their gyoza used to be meatier but I'm not sure if I remembered that right. Anyways, the ones that they have today were pretty run of the mill.

Ikkousha, tori karaage

Tori karaage was passable.

Ikkousha, Tanjong Pagar Plaza

No comments: