Sunday, April 10, 2022

Dark Meat Hot Chicken burger from Shake Shack

Shake Shack, dark meat hot chicken burger

So Shake Shack currently has the Dark Meat Hot Chicken burger on menu. What did this bring to the table that hasn't been already done? Not so much. I mean, we in Asia know dark meat better than the West. McD's McSpicy and Popeye's chicken sandwich here are part of the testimony to that. 

In my nutshell, this Dark Meat Hot Chicken burger beats McSpicy in every aspect except maybe for the chicken. Now that this is out of my system...

I like the buns better for a start. Not to mention that the moderated creaminess from the slaw along with the tanginess from the pickles are next level - compared to the mayo/shredded lettuce mess from McSpicy. I cannot and won't tell which fried chicken thigh is better but I think McSpicy could be spicer and juicier while this one has a crispier crust. 

Shake Shack

No comments: