Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Unatoto, Guoco Tower

Unatoto, Guoco Tower

I remember a little buzz when Unatoto (#B1-03 Guoco Tower, 7 Wallich Street, tel : +65 6015 0591) first opened their doors. One could conceivably interpret it as during a period of time when a wave of unagi shops opened up here, triggered by the success of Unagi Tei/Man Man. Understandably, the crowd today is no longer like it was before so we decided it was time to give their unagi a try.

Unatoto, unajyu deluxe

This was their deluxe unajyu. Not bad tasting. Definitely a much better experience than the sad hitsumabushi at Una Una. I also liked this better than Unagiya Ichinoji. At this point of time, I maintain that Unagi Tei/Man Man is still my preferred choice, specifically the shop at Keong Saik because of the crisp they have on their eels. Not getting much of the crisp on those eels in this unajyu. What I didn't expect and appreciated was the aka miso soup.

Unatoto, Guoco Tower

No comments: